The Art of Delegation – #PMHangout36
The Art of Delegation was the topic of the 36th hangout of the Sensible Project Manager Hangout Community. In this community of project managers and others who enjoy discussing project management topics, we have regular hangouts hosted via Google+ Hangout.
In this hangout, Mark Phillipy discusses delegation and how important it is to be a successful leader. Being able to delegate is one of the most important aspects of a leader. In fact, your success as a leader is usually directly related to how well you delegate.
Delegation Quotes Discussed in the Hangout
Concepts that were discussed during the hangout
Why we don’t delegate
- We think that we have the most knowledge to perform the work.
- It might take just as long for us to transfer the task to someone else.
- We are perfectionists and the work has to be performed as well as we think we can do it.
- We enjoy the work and would like to do the work ourselves.
Problems we cause when we don’t delegate
- We can get ourselves behind on our work by trying to do to much.
- Others do not get the opportunity for growth.
- We might limit our chance for growth
Links referenced in this hangout
During the hangout Mark referenced an article called Successful Delegation from Mindtools.com.
Share with your friends and on social media
If you enjoyed this hangout, I would ask that you please share this with a coworker or friend. If you are active on social media, please use #PMHangout as you share.